Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Political Prediction: Andrew Cuomo Next President { and The Time I Met Mario Cuomo }

Back in the fall of 1987, my bff Jennifer and I went to New York to stay with her sister.  Her sister took us to Chautauqua (which i'm probably misspelling, but am too tired to check) and on that particular day, a bunch of (now former) Soviet delegates were there, along with Governor Mario Cuomo (whom Jennifer and i worshipped).  We listened to the delegates and Gov. Cuomo speak, and watched afterward as Gov. Cuomo made his departure up the aisle out of the ampitheater. 

Gov. Cuomo turned toward Jennifer and me and noticed my I <3 NY t-shirt and approached us.  He smiled, chatted, shook our hands and was one of the nicest, coolest guys ever (i've told this story before, so if it sounds familiar...).  I asked him if he was going to run for President (that was HUGE topic of debate in the news at the time).  He said no way, and that he could never leave New York. 

Fast forward 23 years, and now his son, Andrew, is the Governor of New York.  I predict that Gov. Andrew Cuomo will be either our next President, or the one after that.  If he wants to be.  If he wants to take on that mess.  And, even though i voted all Libertarian this election, i would probably vote for Andrew Cuomo.  If he's as stand-up a guy as his father, he's already won me over. 

Now, i have to go check the results of the medical marijuana prop in AZ. 

Happy politicing!

0 holla'd back:

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!