Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sledding in Flagstaff

Despite my feeling like I was on my deathbed, I was DETERMINED to see snow this year and knew this might be our only opportunity to go, so Friday we packed into the 'burban and headed north to Flag. (For those of you wondering where to go: if you have teens, the two places on the 180 toward Nordic center are fine, but crowded. If you just have little kids, just go to NAU and find a hill!)

Bryce loved the snow, but was cold and shivering after about a half hour, so that was the extent of our sledding adventure. I was actually back in the car about 10 minutes before Todd and Bryce. But I loved seeing the snow! It was so pretty!

Allie stepped over the fence and into calf-high snow. Brrrrrrrrr.


The San Francisco Peaks...AZ's highest elevation at over 12K feet. Isn't it pretty?


I would like to live in that house...okay, maybe not, but what a great spot if you don't mind cold winters (I do).


And finally, me, freezing my buhjoinkas off:


5 holla'd back:

Lisa said...

That was a hilarious post! I especially love the video of you! The way you use your adjectives....genious! Snow......love it from afar...so pretty in pictures!

Lisa said...

Oh and BTW....I'm so sorry you've been sick...I think it might be circulating through our house...it's Cole now.
How was your partay lastnight?!

Unknown said...

I whole heartedly agree. Snow is fun to visit....and that's all. I love snow boarding and then coming back home to the snow free valley.

Lisa said...

I must be a "genious" too! Gotta love my spelling!

Anonymous said...

Sledding is fun because of all the great neck breaking wrecks and wipe-outs you get to see! Just be sure your not in that group!

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!