Wednesday, April 7, 2010

104.5 / 23.4% and Dance Floor Etiquette

I don't know why this came to mind first thing when I opened my eyes at 5 this morning.  Maybe i was dreaming about clubbing?  Dunno.  Anyway, i was out at Club 216 (a primarily gay club in C'ville, VA) happily dancing away to techno/house when approached by a chunky-ish, dark-haired dude who very politely asked if he could dance in my space.  I glanced at my bouncer, gave him my "it's okay" look, and allowed Chunkster to dance in my space.  Things were fine for a minute, then suddenly Chunkaloo grabs my hand and starts...are you ready?...swing dancing with me.  To a techno song.  In a gay club.  Pushing me out, spinning me, pulling me back in.  I cocked my head to the side to assess whether this was really happening, or if I might have perhaps been slipped some sort of really bad drug minutes before.  No, it was really happening.  So, I just planted my feet and STOPPED moving.  I looked at Chunk Norris and said, "Dude, I don't like dancing like that."  I mean, nothing against swing, either East or West coast, really, but it's just so not my thing.  Especially in a gay techno club.  So, if I'm out clubbing and see you out there swing dancing to techno music, don't be offended if I point and laugh.  I'm just giggling at my own silly memory.

0 holla'd back:

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!