Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Adventures in Russian

I had my second Russian refresher lesson last night. During the first lesson, a week ago, my insructor spoke almost entirely in Russian. So on my way to the lesson this week, with butterflies in my stomach, I thought, "It couldn't be as hard as last week."

I was wrong.

My instructor didn't speak Russian this time. She had ME speak Russian. We started with my translating simple sentences from English to Russian, then moved on to my answering questions in Russian.

Let me tell you, my brain was working so hard to recall Russian words I hadn't used in nearly 2 decades, like "sleep," "get dressed," etc.

So when I was supposed to say in Russian, "I go to sleep at 10 o'clock." What I really said was,

"I get stinking drunk at 10 o'clock."
Not just a little drunk, but stinking drunk.
Go me!

0 holla'd back:

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!