Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hoink! Tagged Again!

Well, dang, I got tagged again! Superhotmama got me while I wasn't looking; no fair! Okay, so here are my rules, and if I've tagged YOU, then these are YOUR rules, too:

If you've been tagged, please play. But if you don't have the time or the inclination, no guilt. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you and list these rules on your post.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, by leaving their names, as well as links to their blogs.

4. Comment to the people you've tagged and let them know they've been tagged.


Okie dokie, so here are 7 things you were just itching to know about me:

1. I'm having trouble coming up with something since I tend to "let it all hang out" on my blog without any prompting from a meme.

2. I am struggling with gay marriage. Please don't hate me for this one; I'm just telling it how I see it and if you see it differently, believe me, I've already thought about it. So don't yell at me or leave mean comments! Anyway, from studying the Bible and other historical data, I conclude that marriage was ordained of God and is something between one man and one woman. Anything other than that, by definition, is not marriage. If someone is not Christian and doesn't give a hoot that marriage is ordained of God (or doesn't know, or doesn't even believe in God in the first place), I can see how that person would be upset that marriage isn't an umbrella term covering homosexuals and any other group. However, we Christians who believe that living outside the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings immorality, loss of ethics, and other negative impacts on the world, have to uphold our promise to support the Gospel in every way. We also have to follow Christ's commandment to "Love one another." Now, if you THINK you're familiar with the Gospel and start naming off things like slavery and such (Barak Obama, I see from your statement on why the government can't be run on Biblical principals that YOU DO NOT KNOW THE BIBLE or the Gospel of Jesus Christ), then I say to you: get thee to a church that actually teaches the Gospel of Christ (love, obedience to His commandments, etc.) and not one that teaches hellfire, negativity, hatred, etc. I recommend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, because they teach the pure love of Christ, and they have ALL the Gospel and can answer just about any question you could come up with. They walk the walk that Christ laid out. Period. That's why I joined that Church 17 years ago. So, now that I'm bumbling around with my thoughts and have lost all my readers (are you still reading this? I don't blame you if you aren't!), what I'm trying to say is this: I have gay friends. I love them. I love Ellen Degeneres and think she's super cool. I love the Lord over everyone and everything and choose to follow his commandments and SUPPORT his commandments. Therefore, I have to support marriage as being ordained of God for a man and a woman. There's oh so much more I want to say, but I'm not that brave!

3. I think receding hairlines are hot. I do. I know.... And Todd's hairline is beginning to recede. Don't worry, honey, it's HOT!

4. I am going to Ukraine in April (ish) of 2010 with my lovable, adorable, sweet friend April.

5. I do not like hard candy, or chewy candy (like Skittles). I only like chocolate as far as candy goes. And it has to be high quality chocolate, not waxy nasty chocolate like Hershey's. Chocolate from Germany is my favorite, but most of Europe does a great job with it.

6. Monday I am starting refresher Russian lessons with a nice lady from Moscow and I am SUPER EXCITED!

7. I am Finding Serenity Now. More on that later :o)

And I'm going to tag: LISA!, Amy, Allie, Todd

1 holla'd back:

Admin said...

Haha, yeah, you've admitted it publicly and now you HAVE to go!!! Woohoo!! Oh, and I still haven't contacted the Russian teacher... I really really want to, but I'm worried about adding one more thing to my schedule while trying to homeschool. Maybe when I'm done with Wood Badge I'll feel better about it... Good luck!

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!