Saturday, October 18, 2008

2 Years Ago Today

Two years ago today, Allie's pediatrician called with her lab results.

Two years ago today, Allie was admitted into Phoenix Children's Hospital where, for three days, we learned to keep her alive with insulin injections and glucose.

Two years ago today, our lives changed forever.

Two years ago today, I fell into a mild depression that still follows me around like a shadow.

Two years ago today, Allie had already accepted and come to terms with her condition.

She was only 12.

At 14, she still takes this disease in stride. She doesn't complain. She deals with it and goes on wtih her amazing life.

She is my hero.

I love you, Allie. Thank you for being strong when I couldn't. Thank you for continuing to do so.



~~
Be cool and help a girl out. Buy a cool Skin for your iPod, Blackberry, or laptop:

GelaSkins Inc.

0 holla'd back:

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!