Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My First Russian Lesson (in years)!

Yesterday I went to my first Russian lesson since 1990 (wow, that's 18 years...longer than I thought!). My lesson was with a wonderful lady from Moscow named Emilia. She's funny and smart and very nice. I liked her so much!

Most of the lesson, Emilia spoke in Russian. I'm sure I had an intense look of concentration on my face. It was challenging to understand everything, but I got most of it. She told me funny stories and scary stories (like having contractions at the top of the Eiffel Tower!) and things about her life. She's very interesting and has been many places.

I came home with a test to take (I took it last night...it started easy, then got hard, then harder!), all in Russian, of course, and another worksheet to do.

I was actually physically exhausted after having my brain work so hard yesterday!

Russian is a difficult language, but very beautiful and mysterious. I'm so excited to be relearning it!

1 holla'd back:

Anonymous said...

I love beautiful and mysterious cold war Russian spy girls - tell your tutor to hook me up!

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!