Friday, January 14, 2011

Who Am I? I am Not a Sagittarius. { Cue Dramatic Music }

Although i read about this several years ago, i dismissed it, since, like i always say, i don't live my life (or definitively define myself) by a zodiac sign.  Some of it fascinates me because it's so accurate, and some of it makes me roll my eyes, because it's so blatantly off and not me at all.  I find the Enneagram sooooo much more accurate in describing people, and respect that Enneagram allows for growth and transformation.  (I also love reading that i function at the highest levels on the Enneagram and not from the lower, base levels associated with immaturity, anger, fear, etc.). 

Okay, so back to the New Sign in astrology.  It turns out i am no longer a Sagittarius (cue dramatic music).  I am an Ophiuchus.  And i can't even pronounce it (mostly because the guy on the news this morning couldn't either).  Has your sign changed? 

The New Dates:
Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

Info from various sources:

(WikiPedia) "The most recent interpretation is that the figure represents the healer Asclepius, who learned the secrets of keeping death at bay after observing one serpent bringing another healing herbs. To prevent the entire human race from becoming immortal under Asclepius' care, Zeus killed him with a bolt of lightning, but later placed his image in the heavens to honor his good works."

LIST OF KEY WORDS DESCRIBING THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS
(click above for original source)
interpreter of dreams
vivid premonitions
attracts good luck and fruitful blessings
serpent holder
lofty ideals
a seeker of peace and harmony
doctor of medicine or science
 natural-pathic
adds, increases, joins, or gathers together
poetical, inventive nature, expanding qualities
seeks higher education and wisdom
overseer, supervisor of work
fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood
longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man
architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally
tax assessor, or levys taxes
astrological talents, intuitive
large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young,
the number twelve holds great significance
foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times
has secret enemies in family or close associations
many jealous of this subject
notable father, apple of father's eye when young
high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death
feelings of granular, wise, genius mentality
likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors, and plaids in particular
receives the favor of those in authority.

HEY!  I think some of that is a more accurate description of me than some of Sagittarius was, but i definitely fit the more outgoing parts of Sag.  Interesting!  Behehehe.

3 holla'd back:

Donna Banta said...

Hey Sandi, I just read about this blog via your FB comment -- glad I found it. I guess this means I'm a Pisces now. -- Have to say when I was a Mormon I was definitely an Aries (too fiery and outspoken.)

Practice pronouncing Ophiuchus, it suits you.

Amy said...

I don't like this one bit! And, since it's all nonsense anyway, I am sticking to the Tropical Zodiac. I've loved being a Scorpio too much to change my whole personality now.

Chris said...

Yeah, seriously. Being known as a Scorpio gives me an excuse for being taciturn, farouche, mysterious, intense -- all that good stuff that makes for a powerful image as a tortured artist/poet. (Or a vampire, I guess. But mainly an artist.) Virgo just doesn't work for me.

Besides, I already have a Scorpio symbol tattooed on me. Not because I take astrology seriously, but because it was a concise image that represented being born in the autumn, my favorite time of year. What am I supposed to do now, get that covered up with an oak tree in full red and gold splendor? Screw that.

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!