Wednesday, October 20, 2010

104 lbs / Day Two SUCKS It! { and Wear Purple Today! }

Shew!  I had forgotten how miserable day 2 off sugar is for me.  I am a tried and true sugar addict and getting off the smack is really painful for me.  Day 2, for some reason, is always the worst.  I suffered yesterday, wanting chocolate and cake and ice cream.  GAH! 

I seriously contemplated just caving in, saying F*#! it and eating sugar.  I alllllmost got to a place in my head where i didn't care if i was puffy with carb-bloat (carbs make me retain water like mad) or if my gut hangs over my pants.  Then i sighed, planted my feet, and decided i'm not quite ready to have a closet full of mumu's.  Yet. 

To compensate (and comfort myself), i ate about 150 more calories (healthy food) than i normally would while losing weight.  Hence, only losing 1/2 lb in the last 24 hours.  Still, that's nothing to bark at.  I'll take it.

I'm not exercising during this round of weight loss.  No particular reason, just laziness.  Plus, exercise isn't necessary to lose weight with SPEED.  Gotta love that!

On another note:  today, in honor and remembrance of kids (and adults) everywhere who have taken their lives because they were bullied for being gay (or being perceived as gay), please wear purple, which stands for "spirit" on the rainbow flag. 

To those of you who believe gay people CHOOSE to be gay and continue putting that idea out there and CAUSE BULLYING because of the beliefs you try to force on the rest of the world:  SHAME ON YOU.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (The Declaration of Independence)

Sadly, there are people in this great country who feel that gay people shouldn't have the right to pursue happiness, again attempting to force THEIR beliefs on the rest of humanity.  How very, very tragic.

0 holla'd back:

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!