Friday, September 17, 2010

True Exhaustion

How about 4 days of 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. photography?  And then being too amped to get to sleep.  I have two new loves:  first--Portland, Oregon.  There are signs and bumper stickers that say, "Keep Portland Weird."  Yes, please!  Everywhere I looked were tats and piercings, people playing music on the streets, super-yum and cheap food from street vendors, TREES!, interesting and old architecture...CHARACTER!  And don't get me started on the Voodoo Doughnuts.  All the things i'm lacking and missing here in Arid-zona, Portland supplied (even crazy and over-the-top friends with whom i instantly clicked and added to my family).  I cried on the flight home.  After telling Allie about it, she's decided that's where she needs to be.  Yes, please!  I'll come visit lots!

My other new love is After Dark Education.  If i could just upload all my thoughts and feelings from those 4 days, i so would.  There aren't words to describe.  I'm so grateful i went.  I'll be at all the rest, too.  It's just.  that. good.

Pop over to my photog blog if you wanna see some of my images from there:
http://millermillerphotography.blogspot.com/

2 holla'd back:

Amy said...

Oh, good. I forgot you were going out of town. You can ignore my text.

I love the Pacific Northwest. I hope someday to live there for a few years too.

sandi said...

Ha! Saw your text just as you were commenting. We should coordinate moving there at the same time. I would definitely live there for a bit!

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!