Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gonna Find Another Place, Maybe One I Can Stand

http://crapstain.blogspot.com/2010/08/oh-huh-uh-no.html

Listen.  Read.  Reflect. 

That song is a perfect reflection of what's going on in my mind right now.  Portland had a huge impact on me.  It's calling me.  I loved the people of Portland.  Those are the people i want to photograph.  Those are the people i want to live among.  "Gonna find another place, maybe one i can stand." 

I'm so ready to leave Arizona.  It's so dead to me here, so characterless and bland.  "Went to the porch to have a thought, got to the door and again i couldn't stop."  I wasn't cut out for living in a flat, brown, lifeless (in oh so many ways) place. 

I have got to get out of here.  I waited so long to live my life as myself that i don't want to waste another minute. 

People, don't waste your life trying to force yourself into a mold that isn't you!  One day you may find it was all a lie and that years of your life are gone that can't be gotten back. 

I think it's time to pack it up and move along.   "Gonna float on maybe would you understand."

1 holla'd back:

Chris said...

The problem for me was, I didn't know who or what I was until I had done several things out of obligation or lack of confidence. I remember listening to the band I Love You in 1994, hearing lyrics like "I know the danger of/Hanging with the fading love", but it took another eleven years of hanging with it to finally get to the point of recognizing it as such.

Anyway, I hope you spent yesterday celebrating what surely must be a sacred day for you!

Post a Comment

Leave me some words!